WUN Utilities Sector Advocate -we are currently not actively recruiting
17th January 2022
What is WUN?
WUN – Womens Utilities Network was started to give women the skills and confidence they need to build lasting, fulfilling careers in the utility sector. Founded by a group of women who have themselves built successful careers in both energy and water, WUN seeks to help other women to build the right networks, get the right training and take control of their own work lives at whichever stage of their career they are at.
WUN is open to any woman working in the utilities space – from customer services, operational, metering and everything in between. The purpose is to create a network of support to help women develop their skills and career within the sector.
WUN runs events to connect women together and offers mentoring for those looking to build their careers and learn from other women who have already built successful careers in the sector. In the future we will be offering training, in partnership with other organisations in the sector
We are seeking WUN Utilities Sector Advocates (Water) who can write or research relevant topical articles that would be of interest to the WUN members. We welcome applications from any sector of the Water industry.
Take a lead role in promoting industry knowledge and the development of industry
knowledge at WUN event and online.
Source sector articles, share interesting articles or papers and or write pieces for
WUN blogs and for social media posts
They will need to work closely with the founders & WUN admin manager in the
utilisation and sharing of interesting sector articles, knowledge and insight
Act as an advocate for WUN at events, online and where opportunity allows
Be the ‘go to person’ within your organisation for WUN and D&I thinking
Virtually attend advocate and founders monthly meeting and adhoc in person
• Be able to demonstrate sector knowledge and understanding of the sector
• Ability to write informative and accurate industry pieces
• Influencing skills
• A passion for driving the mission and values of WUN in the utilities community
How much time will the role take?
As this role is voluntarily it would be preferable if advocates should be prepared to give
several hours a month as a minimum, but there no firm expectation on commitment or a time
limit. There is an expectation that you will attend at least one in person WUN event and one
virtual WUN event.
What will I gain from being an Intern for WUN?
Although this is an unpaid role it will give you opportunity to:
• Opportunity for increasing your personal profile/brand building across the network
and via your LinkedIn profile.
• Experience different perspectives on the utilities market, that will enhance your CV.
• Experience of direct involvement in running an organisation outside your own.
• Develop your own network within the utilities sector, forming meaningful and
sustainable relationships with women at all levels in the sector
• Provide an insight to the D&I ambitions across the sector and within different
organisations, learning more about the barriers to this and how these issues are
being tackled by different organisations
• Form part of a group developing a brand, which is backed by a strong and relatable
purpose, developing its voice across a large audience
• Receive support from the founder
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest but we are not currently seeking a mentoring advocate.