WUN Social Media Advocate -we are currently not actively recruiting
14th December 2022
What is WUN?
WUN Women’s Utility Network was started to give women the skills and confidence they need to build lasting, fulfilling careers in the utility sector. Founded by a group of women who have themselves built successful careers in both energy and water, WUN seeks to help other women to build the right networks, get the right training and take control of their own work lives at whichever stage of their career they are at.
WUN is open to any woman working in the utilities space – from customer services, operational, metering and everything in between. The purpose is to create a network of support to help women develop their skills and career within the sector.
WUN runs events to connect women together and offers mentoring for those looking to build their careers and learn from other women who have already built successful careers in the sector. In the future we will be offering training, in partnership with other organisations in the sector
We are looking for WUN Social Media Advocate who can support social media, produce monthly reports analysing social media activity and drive further engagement. We welcome applications from any sector of the utilities industry
- Drive social media engagement
- Work closely with the WUN admin manager in supporting social media activity & building upon existing analytics.
- Act as an advocate for WUN at events, online and where opportunity allows
- Be the ‘go to person’ within your organisation for WUN and D&I thinking
- Virtually attend advocate monthly meeting and adhoc in person advocates meetings.
- Excellent social media skills including analytical skills.
- Good understanding of social media tools and how to optimise content on specific channels.
- Creative skills to engage members with social media posts.
- Familiarity with analysis software Power BI or Excellent Excel skills
- Be able to demonstrate sector knowledge and understanding of the sector
- A passion for driving the mission and values of WUN in the utilities community
How much time will the role take?
As this role is voluntarily it would be preferable if advocates should be prepared to give several hours a month as a minimum, but there no firm expectation on commitment or a time limit. There is an expectation that you will attend at least one in person WUN event and one virtual WUN event.
What will I gain from being an Intern for WUN?
Although this is an unpaid role it will give you opportunity to:
- Opportunity for increasing your personal profile/brand building across the network and via your LinkedIn profile.
- Experience different perspectives on the utilities market, that will enhance your CV.
- Experience of direct involvement in running an organisation outside your own.
- Develop your own network within the utilities sector, forming meaningful and sustainable relationships with women at all levels in the sector
- Provide an insight to the D&I ambitions across the sector and within different organisations, learning more about the barriers to this and how these issues are being tackled by different organisations
- Form part of a group developing a brand, which is backed by a strong and relatable purpose, developing its voice across a large audience
- Receive support from the WUN Board
How to Apply
How to apply:
Applications have now closed for this role.