WUN Mentoring Advocate-we are currently not actively recruiting
2nd August 2021
What is WUN?
WUN – Women’s Utility Network was started to give women the skills and confidence they need to build lasting, fulfilling careers in the utility sector. Founded by a group of women who have themselves built successful careers in both energy and water, WUN seeks to help other women to build the right networks, get the right training and take control of their own work lives at whichever stage of their career they are at.
WUN is open to any woman working in the utilities space – from customer services, operational, metering and everything in between. The purpose is to create a network of support to help women develop their skills and career within the sector.
WUN runs events to connect women together and offers mentoring for those looking to build their careers and learn from other women who have already built successful careers in the sector. In the future we will be offering training, in partnership with other organisations in the sector
We are looking for WUN Mentoring Advocate who can support the WUN mentoring programme. We welcome applications from any sector of the utilities industry.
- Review any non-active mentors or mentees.
- Contact partners with open mentor spaces
- Reach out to mentors/ mentees when they hit their 6 or 12 month mark
- Promote WUN at events and online.
- In conjunction with other WUN advocates support the WUN podcast programme
- Contribute to Founders meetings.
- Act as an advocate for WUN at events, online and where opportunity allows face to face.
- Passionate about developing and mentoring.
- Confident with excel.
- A passion for driving the mission and values of WUN in the utility’s community
How much time will the role take?
As this role is voluntarily it would be preferable if advocates should be prepared to give 2-4 hours per month, but there no firm expectation on commitment or a time limit.
What will I gain from being an Intern for WUN?
What will I gain from being an Advocate for WUN?
Although this is an unpaid role it will give you opportunity to:
- Receive support from the founders.
- Opportunity for increasing your personal profile/brand building across the network.
- Experience different perspectives on the utilities market
- Experience of direct involvement in running an organisation outside your own.
- Develop your own network within the utilities sector, forming meaningful and sustainable relationships with women at all levels in the sector.
- Provide an insight to the D&I ambitions across the sector and within different organisations, learning more about the barriers to this and how these issues are being tackled by different organisations.
- Form part of a group developing a brand, which is backed by a strong and relatable purpose, developing its voice across a large audience
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest but we are not currently seeking a mentoring advocate.