WUN Members Advocate- we are currently not actively recruiting
1st March 2021
What is WUN?
WUN – Womens Utilities Network was started to give women the skills and confidence they need to build lasting, fulfilling careers in the utility sector. Founded by a group of women who have themselves built successful careers in both energy and water, WUN seeks to help other women to build the right networks, get the right training and take control of their own work lives at whichever stage of their career they are at.
WUN is open to any woman working in the utilities space – from customer services, operational, metering and everything in between. The purpose is to create a network of support to help women develop their skills and career within the sector.
WUN runs events to connect women together and offers mentoring for those looking to build their careers and learn from other women who have already built successful careers in the sector. In the future we will be offering training, in partnership with other organisations in the sector
We are looking for WUN Members Advocates who can promote the work, events, and our ethos to other WUN members and to encourage other women in the industry to join WUN.
We welcome applications from any sector of the utilities industry.
- They will represent the voice of the member within the WUN Founders and at the quarterly WUN founders board meeting
- They will need to work closely with the founders & WUN admin manager in event planning, mentoring and general promotion of WUN activities
- Take a lead role in promoting WUN event and member benefits
- Source member spotlight and blogs for social media
- Act as an advocate for WUN at events, online and where opportunity allows
- Social-able outgoing person who like to talk with and engage others in conversation
- Influencing skills
- A passion for driving the mission and values of WUN in the utilities community
How much time will the role take?
As this role is voluntarily it would be preferable if advocates should be prepared to give several hours a month as a minimum, but there no firm expectation on commitment or a time limit.
What will I gain from being an Intern for WUN?
Although this is an unpaid role it will give you opportunity to:
- Receive support from the founders
- Opportunity for increasing your personal profile/brand building across the network
- Experience different perspectives on the utilities market
- Experience of direct involvement in running an organisation outside your own.
- Develop your own network within the utilities sector, forming meaningful and sustainable relationships with women at all levels in the sector
- Provide an insight to the D&I ambitions across the sector and within different organisations, learning more about the barriers to this and how these issues are being tackled by different organisations
- Form part of a group developing a brand, which is backed by a strong and relatable purpose, developing its voice across a large audience
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest but we are not currently seeking any members advocates.