Career Level Others
Experience 2 Years
Regulatory Interface Officer
Regulatory Interface Officer, Hinkley Point C, Competitive Salary & Benefits
WeAreEDF and are leading the transition to a cleaner, low emission electric future, tackling climate change and helping Britain achieve net zero. This is an exciting new opportunity for a Regulatory Interface Officer to join EDF at our Hinkley Point C Site, and be a part of one of Europe’s largest infrastructure projects. Reporting to the Site Nuclear Compliance Manager the appointed candidate will ensure that the interface with the Regulators at Hinkley Point C (HPC) site (the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), Office for Nuclear Regulation (ONR) and Environment Agency (EA)) is consistently and effectively managed and will be accountable for the effective management of regulatory interface in line with the protocols and processes mandated by the company. As part of this, you will liaise with the Regulatory and Licensing, Environment teams in other NNB offices to ensure regulatory activities at the HPC site are managed as part of NNB’s overall management of its regulatory interface.
The Regulatory Interface Officer is a source of advice and support to the site for site based interactions with the regulators and management of regulatory outcomes. Based at Hinkley Point C in Somerset there may an occasional need to travel to other locations as and when requested by the business, we are leading the UK’s nuclear renaissance and constructing a new nuclear power station at Hinkley Point C.
Managing the interface with HSE, ONR and EA at the HPC site involves:
- Ensuring that the site adheres to agreed protocols and processes for managing regulatory engagement activities including meetings, correspondence, email exchanges, assessment and inspections, this involves timely transmittal of documents to the regulators, managing action trackers to ensure timely completion of actions and compiling reports for site-based activities that are then shared with the regulators.
- Planning for regulatory inspections and site based regulatory meetings, including organising pre-meetings, ensuring appropriate attendance, ensuring that agendas, notes/actions and commitments associated with ONR and EA meetings are agreed with all internal and external stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Participating in some regulatory engagements to support effective site based interactions, ensure that the regulators have good oversight of site based activities, including organisation of, and participation in monthly site Level 4 meetings.
We are seeking highly motivated individual with excellent organisational skills who will ensure accurate and timely transmittal of documents to the regulators. While being proactive and able to deal with different teams, you will also bring teams together for a successful interaction.
Regulatory Interface Officers who can engage in effective communication between all relevant internal and external Stakeholders, including delivery partners, to ensure that the requirements, standards and expectations for effective regulatory engagement are clearly understood and complied with will thrive in this role.
Our ideal candidate will display the following key competencies:
- Producing reporting for site based activities, which is subsequently shared with the regulators and that Regulatory Issues raised are managed and closed out.
- Able to manage action tracking processes, ensuring timely completion of actions.
- Accuracy, tenacity, diplomacy, results-oriented and a team player.
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and be proactive.
- Degree qualified or equivalent in a Science or Engineering discipline.
- Typically has held a position with experience of dealing with multiple stakeholders.
- Previous experience of working on a large construction project preferably within the Nuclear Industry would be an advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a technical or engineering environment and working with/developing good relationships with the regulators, e.g. ONR, EA.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a pension scheme, a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, and the opportunity to earn bonus. Please let us know if you require flexible working arrangements by highlighting this on your application. We’re happy to talk flex in line with the requirements of this opportunity.
WeAreEDF and are leading the transition to a cleaner, low emission electric future, tackling climate change and helping Britain achieve net zero.
We are leading the UK’s nuclear renaissance, we’re constructing a new nuclear power station at Hinkley Point C, with plans for new power stations at Sizewell C in Suffolk and Bradwell B in Essex. Around a fifth of the UK’s electricity is generated by our eight nuclear power stations, helping power our customers’ homes and businesses.
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. It’s a powerful statement of our intent to make sure we’re about the people who work with us – a rich and unique mix of backgrounds and experiences that’s vital to shaping a strong and fresh-thinking organisation like ours. Whoever you are and wherever you come from, we’ll embrace the difference you bring and give you opportunities to thrive and succeed.
Join us. Together, we’ll help Britain achieve net zero.