Career Level Others
12 Months FTC (Fixed Term Contract)
Salary £££’s Competitive
Here at Cadent we’re at the start of an exciting journey of transformation, growth and evolution. We’re new but we’re 200 years old. (You might have known us as part of National Grid but now we’ve transformed ourselves to Cadent). We’re the UK’s largest gas network connecting and keeping energy flowing to our customer’s 12 million homes and businesses across the UK.
We’re proud of our story so far and we’re super powered up about what our future holds. That’s where you come in! Join us as a Customer Agent and start a transformation journey adding real purpose and direction to your career and feel genuinely proud about what you do.
About the Role
Your day to day duties will include:
• Deliver Quality work, concentrating on data accuracy and completion within a timely manner
• Contribute to the team delivery of excellent customer service, aim to understand the customers’ needs and the team impact to customer satisfaction scores in line with RIIO objectives
• Apply customer excellence techniques to handle all customer calls and provide a first call resolution. Deliver a complete resolution to all customer enquiries. Including taking responsibility for ongoing relationship management
• Work with others co-operatively and flexibly within a team to achieve the collective goal. Maintain excellent working relationships with the business, and immediate colleagues
• Demonstrate knowledge of all process streams within Sales Ordered Processing and aim to be cross-flexed in all
• Participation in shared team learning reviews and other continuous improvement forums to ensure that we are constantly improving the level of service we provide
• Ownership of their own technical and behavioural development plan
• Handling professionally the Initial customer enquiry about Gas Connection, alteration or disconnection
• Quotation of requested works
• Acceptance of terms and conditions and payment of works quoted
• Process adjustments to customer bills due to variations, deferrals, gestures of goodwill etc.
• Planning of accepted work
• Production of reports and interrogate findings
• Completion of planned work
• Relationship Management
• Customer Care
• Complaint Handling
• Clear understanding of the Connections Process and Sales Ordering Processing’s impact on the wider department
• Ability to plan your own workload and balance conflicting priorities with minimal real time supervision
• A strong team player who is capable of building and maintaining working relationships inside and outside your team
• Effective communication techniques, either over the phone or email.
• Experience of delivering excellent customer service and can demonstrate a strong customer focus and can actively listen to customers
• You will have the confidence and capability to deal with many and varied sets of customer circumstances and advise the customer on a range of options that apply to their situation
• Able to use appropriate questioning to identify exact customer needs and explain what is involved in the process and or their chosen option
• Able to fulfil an account management role with our repeat (business to business customers)
At Cadent we’ve got a whole host of standard and flexible benefits. You’ll get 25 days holiday + statutory days with the option to buy/sell also, a generous pension plan as well as the opportunity to earn bonus. Flexible benefits include: cycle to work scheme, salary sacrifice car, insurance and healthcare packages plus access to our Occupational Health services.
Diversity and Inclusion
Cadent has a commitment to Diversity and Inclusion, the more diverse our organisation is, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our communities in all their diversity. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds; age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief.
We want our employees to achieve a work life balance and are happy to discuss flexible working options with you if the role can accommodate it.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application process, please let us know. We’re committed to be Disability Confident in line with the department of work and pensions scheme.
Be part of something big. Help shape the future of gas for generations to come.