Career Level Others
Experience 2 Years
Assistant Finance Analyst
Location: Crawley-Energy Hse, Crawley, GB
|Position||Assistant Finance Analyst|
|Reporting to||Faults and SPN Finance Manager|
|Location||Energy House, Crawley|
|Employment Period||Fixed Term Contract – (18-24 months)|
|Contract Type||Personal Contract|
|Starting Salary||£26,000 – Plus benefits and bonus|
All applications will be reviewed after the closing date
We also offer :
Annual leave 25 days
Personal Pension Plan – Personal contribution rates of 4% or 5% (UK Power Networks will make a corresponding contribution of 8% or 10%)
Tenancy Loan Deposit scheme
Tax efficient benefits: cycle to work scheme
Season ticket loan
Occupational Health support
Switched On – scheme providing discount on hundreds of retailers products.
Supplier discounts, such as O2, EE, Vauxhall cars, Universal tyres
Discounted access to sports and social clubs
Employee Assistance Programme.
This role sits within the Business Partnering Finance team in the Finance Directorate and will support the Faults/ South-East Finance Manager in delivering key performance metrics for the use of senior management within the business. Working closely with the Finance Manager and other Finance Analysts, as well as the wider business, it is a pivotal position to enable UKPN to drive down unit costs in line with our ED1 business plan.
You will be responsible for gaining a thorough understanding of how the costs and volumes are processed through the various systems of record, in order that accurate unit cost data can be provided to the business on a monthly basis as well as ensuring that we can fulfil our regulatory reporting requirements.
Network Operations has an annual Gross Faults budget of approximately £140m, across the 3 DNO’s and the Asset Portfolio Plan which is fundamental to this has over 100 individual lines which will need target costs to be calculated in line with the CU/APP Analyst team and Asset Management.
Not only will you generate improvements in terms of creating commercial analysis and improved communications, but you will create a consensus and mutual understanding between stakeholders, clear commitments, and improved efficiency. The position will require working in all three UKPN regions.
- Understand and feed in to the Faults Performance Pack in Power BI. Use the key metrics to drive performance improvement by supporting and partnering with the Business.
- Use technical skills to process and analyse large amount of data with a desire to learn new packages and technologies in order to remain at the forefront of this fast moving field.
- Accurate and timely production of the monthly faults accounts, ensuring they are produced on a true and fair basis. This will include posting appropriate journals (accruals, transfers) and review of the team’s journals.
- Identify opportunities and areas for attention and recommend options for action and help implement any improvements needed
- Ensure accurate and timely data analysis is prepared to support the production of the Network Operations Management Accounts pack and Operation Performance Report.
- Actively participate in cross business reviews to compare unit cost data, understand the reasons for variances, cause and effect relationships
- Document current business processes in order to define the nature of any hot-spots and work with the business to resolve these and deliver best in class processes ensuring that the necessary controls are implemented as needed
- Improve the data extraction and analytical skills of the department by gaining a thorough understanding of the data tables and recent reporting developments, and passing this on through training and knowledge sharing.
Nature and Scope
The nature of this work is to provide data manipulation and analytical support to the Network Operations Directorate and across Finance Business Partnering as required.
This is a professional role which includes liaising throughout the business and involves communicating with non-financial managers. You will be expected to have excellent communication skills and a professional attitude to work and those you deal with.
The post will be based at Crawley. However, the role will involve visits to other locations.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Analytical and decision making skills.
- Comfortable using BI tools such as PowerBI and Tabelua to drive business performance
- Highly numerate and methodical with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Basic understanding of accounting principles (for example AAT or part qualified ACCA/CIMA)
- Resilient personality, enthusiastic and able to work well as part of a team
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to work effectively and proactively on own initiative and autonomously, without close supervision
- Very good communication skills to present analytics to all levels of the business
- The ability to work flexibly throughout the year is essential
Health & Safety Responsibilities
Managers and supervisors carry both legal and company responsibilities for ensuring the health and safety of their employees, those under their control and those who might be affected by the work undertaken, i.e. public, visitors and employees of other organisations. This includes briefing individuals working for them and ensuring there is the necessary understanding, competence and application of requirements to work safely and without harming the environment.
Employees are responsible for ensuring they fully understand the health and safety risks involved in their work activities and their responsibility to apply the controls needed to manage those risks to acceptable levels. Similarly where work activities can have an adverse impact upon the environment, and particularly where there are legal requirements, employees are responsible for understanding those impacts and the controls they must ensure are applied.
If in doubt ask!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.